Thursday, February 18, 2010

How does it feeeeel?

I got it! Maybe if I didn't make very clear to them how badly I wanted this column. Maybe I was playing it too cool when I spoke to them. When Bill and I went for our nightly midnight coffee run last night....you know what; I am just going to show you. I am going to give you, my two followers a piece of what my poor husband (and children) go through on a daily basis living with me.



Picture it, it is about 1am we are driving to my husband's ole faithful and true love (7-11) to buy his nightly cup of coffee. I cannot get this column off my mind so I start singing and changing the words to every song to fit my column needs. It went something like this.



Ode to live on column mountain followed up with to the tune of Joker by Steve Miller:



some people call me spacey Dawnie

some call the columnist of loooove

some just think I'm crazaaay

cause of this column I speak ooooofff

people are going to starting talking about me baby

so you better make your move

yeah make your move

ya better stop procrastinating and call me

cause I'm right here, right here, right here at home

I'm a writer

a photographer

and I'm a mommyyyyy

really want a column

so please give it to me

I'm a writer

I'm a photographer

I'm a midnight coffee runner

needing a column oh so desperatelyyyyyy

It's the coolest thing you ever will reeead

really loves those trees but

But let's cut one more down

to make sure there's a page for meeeeee



Obviously, you are getting the point but that made me realize, maybe I need to beg a little so from there I broke out into a little Bob Dylan where I ask all you already in possession of one, "how does it feel"? So if you don't mind as I make my "lifeliner" bid for a column here goes:



Once upon a time I began to whine

I really want a column and that ain't no lie

I really do

I called, you said, "maybe"



OK Dawn, enough, they get the point. I've already taken up too much of your time so I will just cut to the chase rather than make you read another entire song. Bear in mind though, Bill not only sat through these 2 but many, many others and for those of you that have had the pleasure of hearing me sing, know that it actually is anything but a pleasure. And the fact that he sits there listens with a smile as if I can carry a tune and then joins in is why I love this man. Without further a do here is the conclusion to partial plea:



I want to know how it feels, I want to know how it feels,

to have a column of my own, of my very own

so please give it to meee

How about the Rolling Stone????



So dear newspaper people, please I ask, please let me know how it feelsss.



I know you probably think I've lost my mind but for those of you that might be reading and already know me, know that it is long gone. In fact it is so far gone that this behavior is actually quite normal for me. I will give you all a little rest over the next few days and sit back and quietly wait for the call to come in informing me the column is mine or perhaps to even give in and find a plan B. I wish you a great day/evening and I look forward to your comments, post and dreams.

No comments: